Sunday, December 8, 2013

You Are Now Reading My Blog

So, I have a blog. If your first reaction to that was


then you are a sarcastic little jerk and I like you already.

I have a blog other than this one, and I’ve been using it to subject innocent people to the contents of my brain since 2009. But the other blog (the happiest sad, if you’re interested) has a fairly narrow focus. I like writing about adoption, but sometimes I want to write about other things too. My first idea was to just start writing about all the stupid things that I think about on my adoption blog but then I thought, haven’t I punished my readers enough? Because there are only so many times you can reference “Wings of the Luftwaffe” on an adoption blog before you start to collect irritated e-mail from readers who don’t understand why you seem hell-bent on alienating the handful of people on earth who don’t find you obnoxious.

So, hey, it’s a blog!

And at first it was, like, five blogs, because I was going to have a couple of different anonymous niche blogs where I could write scathing things with relative impunity. But I’m not very good at being mysterious and I kept making references to things that would enable a reader to identify me. Like my name and where I live and the other blog I have. So I gave up and here is this blog and you are reading it. Thank you for reading it. If you decide to read it again later there might be different things up and that’s cool, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment